You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Oct 2003

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00033 Oct 2003

Sri Parthasarathi thunai

Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha

Sri Vara Vara MunayE Namaha

Sri VanAchala mahA munayE Namaha

?Srimath Krishna samahvAya namO yAmuna soonavE

yathkadAkshai: kalakshyAnAm sulabhaha sreedhara sadhA?

?allAdha AzhvargalaipOlEyum Sri janakarAjan thirumagalaipOlEyum andrikkE
samsleshAsahamAna sowkumAryaththai vudaiyarAiyiruppar.
AdhAvadhu-vishsleshiththapOdhu, ?nummadiyAr ellArOdum okka eNNi
yirundheeradiyEnai? endru malayAlar oottru pOlE anubhavikkavum vallargalAi,
pirindhAlum sila nAl dharikkavum vallargalAna AzhvArgalOdum paththu mAsam
pirindhirundha Sri janakarAjan thirumagalOdum kshanakAla vishslEshAsahanAna
ennai kooda ninaikkalAmO?Ennum padi erukkaiyum, samslEshadasaiyil ?Azhiyodum
ponnAr sArngamudaiyaadigalai ennArenrariyEn? endru samslEsharasAnubhavaththAlE
kannAn suzhalai ettu munnadi thOttrAdhE asAdhArana lakshanaththai
kAnachcheidhEyum arudhiyidamAttAdhirukkaiyum??

Earlier the difference between thirumangai azhvar?s involvement in contrasts
with the other rishis and Azhvars were explained. Now Sri PVP engages himself
to show the ultimate difference in the love of thirumangai azhvar towards
emperuman. This azhvar is not like the other Azhvars or the dear daughter of
Sri Janakarajan (Sri Seetha piratti). Kaliyan is so soft in nature that he can
never withstand the separation from emperuman even for a minute. When emperuman
tried to get away from azhvar for sometime then azhvarstopped perumal saying,
?Did you think me also to be like your other devotees? I do not have the
capacity to enjoy you like the malayar ootru (they are capable to eat
continuously for eight to ten days and then stay without any food for the next
eight to ten days). I cannot enjoy you for a period of time and then stay away
from you without any anubhavam like the otherAzhvars or Seetha piratti who
stayed away from you for ten months. I cannot stay in your separation
even for a second? whereas While together, ?I do not understand who this person
standing along with the chakra and golden sArngam in his hand is.? Says azhvar
failing to realize emperuman even when emperuman came and stood before azhvar
with his entire divine exceptional identities.

?Aga, emperuman evarkku nirhEdhukamAga chit achit Ishvara thatvattrayaththaiyum
kAttikkodukka kandu anubhaviththu ?adhanir Periya ennavA? endru thammudaiya
abhinivEshaththukku erai pOrAmaiyAlE alamandhu koopittu, pinbhu, thAm avAvattru
veedupettru thrupthanAnapadiyai pEsi thalaikattugirAr ? epprabhandhaththAl?

In this way, emperuman showed him, due to his divine grace the thatvattrayam
viz., chit, achit and Ishvaran. Azhvar enjoyed seeing the same but not
satisfied with the same called for emperuman to satisfy his further wishes and
then later sang about the way he was blessed with the divine house,
theparamapadam fulfilling all his wishes satisfactorily in this last prabhandam
(thirunedundAndagam).

With this the avathArikai (Introduction) of Sri PeriyavAchAn pillai to
Thirumangai Azhvar?s final prabhandam, the thirunedundAndagam (equal to a
sastram according to our acharyas) comes to an end. This series was written to
just spread awareness among the bhagavatas about the Excellency of Sri PVP?s
style of commentary in simple and easily understandable format. It is a common
fear in all our minds that the vyakhyanams of our acharyas cannot be understood
by reading ourselves. It is not so. Probably it is difficult the first time but
then no theory even in our science books are understood by us the very first
time. On reading twice or thrice along with clearing our doubts here and there
with the always-ready acharyas and scholars we all are sure to understand the
indepth meanings of our azhvar?s erachchorkal with the help of our poorvAcharya
vyakhyanams. Why not make a try? No loss if you don?t succeed but if you don?t
try then it is surely a big loss.

The transliteration/translation in the series of postings may be very
poor.Adiyen begs the pardon of the bhagavatas for the same. But adiyen
sincerely hopes by the krupai of Sri Parthasarathi emperuman and blessings of
ouracharya the series will surely serve its purpose and make atleast a few
ofyou open the vyakhyanam books in your bookself that have not been dusted for
long due to the fear of not being able to understand the language
(mani-pravalam).

Sri PeriyavAchAn Pillai thiruvadigalE Sharanam

Alwar EmperumAnAr jeeyar thiruvadigalE sharaNam

Adiyen Ramanuja dAsee,

Sumithra Varadarajan