You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Sep 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00011 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

vAL avuNarilum..'kaN sOra ven kurudhiyilum, nannAdha ..visadhamAgak kANalAm'

srEvachaNa bhUshaNam-226.

"empirAn endhai engaiyAlEa" Eswaran ella vuRavu muRai enRu sollum -
mumUkshuppadi 102.

The pAsuram is refrred by swAmi piLLai lOkAchAryar while explaining the meaning
of thiru-mandhiram and elaborating the fact that He is our relatives in all
respects.

Further, while explaining 'namas" sabthArtham swAmi piLLai lOkAchAryA again
refers to peirya-thiru-mozhi
"vuRRadhum vun adiyArkku adimai" -

"vuRRadhum vun adiyArkkadimai engiRapadiyEa idhil bhAgavatha shEshathvam
anusandhEyam -mumUkshuppadi 89;

As mentioned in the periya thiru-mozhip pAsuram  8-10-3;"vuRRadhum vun adiyArku
adimai" subservience to the srEvaishNavies is embedded in this.

Does it stop there? no . Periya-thriu-mozhi is furthen referred to in
srEvachaNa bhUshaNam 226 while emphasising the importance of bhAgavatha
shEshathvam.

Which are these thiru-mozhi-s?

"nAnnAdha vAL avuNar idaip pukku" 2-6 where subservience to devotees of sriman
nArAyaNA is reiterated.

We will not think of those who do not think of Lord sthalasayanathuRaivar.
"eNNAdhEa iruppArai iReip pozhudum eNNomEa" 1.

Those who celebrate sri sthalasayanathuRaivar are Lords of our family.
"kadal mallaith thalasayanathuRaivArai koNdAdum nenjudaiyAr avar
engaL kula dheivamEa''.

THE same ideas are underlined and highlighted in the thiru-mozhi 7-4
"kaN sOra venkurudhi" in the thiruchERai thiru-mozhi.
-----thaN sERai emperumAn thAL thozhuvAr en thalai mEalArEa"
...srEvaishNavites who fall at the feet of Lord sAranAthan are to be held high
above my head-1;

......'emperumAn thAL thozhuvAr eppozhudum en manathEa irukkinRAREA"2.
...-Those who worship the divine feet of the Lord are alwyas in my mind.

-----'pEAr ALan pEAr Odhum periyArai oru kAlum pirigilEanEa" 4;
....I will not separate myself from those who talk high of His divine name.

The idea behind highlighting these pAsuram-s from thiru-mozhi is to bring forth
the fact that thiru-mozhi is replete with such srEvaishNavic tenets and
philosophies and oft quoted in rahasya grandhangaL.

(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan

http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM