You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Sep 2004

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00020 Sep 2004

Sep 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sri Vishnu,

adiyEn's apologies. I did not mean that we should not
discuss the topic. What I meant was my concern that we
were using the word 'sEshatvam' a little differently
in our posts - which I hope I clarified in my last
post.

Such discussions are most useful for us - at least
to raise questions and thereafter seek the answers
from qualified scholars.

--- Vishnu <vsmvishnu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> --- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, TCA Venkatesan
> <vtca@xxxx> wrote:
> > I think we may getting lost in the words here.
>
> Certainly no! If we do not try to understand, why should
> we disucss:-)

You are right. Truly, there is no ahankAram in any of
the service we do for Him. As I explained before, my
understanding of sAttvika ahankAram is that it is not
really 'aham' kAram. It is a matter of pride in the
greatness of the Lord and His bhAgavatas and nothing
to do with our self. For example, Nammazhvar says
'naNugiNam nAmE', using 'nAm'. However, it is not
used in the sense of his achieving anything. Instead,
he is pointing out that the great Lord as explained in
the first verse of Thiruvaymozhi has allowed him to
come near Him. So, this 'nAm' is actually a celebration
of the Lord's saulabhyam, saushIlyam and vAtsalyam.

> Thus, there is no
> ahankAram in perfect SEshatvam, as we remain for Him as
> He wishes.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/.itolB/TM