You are here: SriPedia - Ramanuja - Archives - Sep 2006

Ramanuja List Archive: Message 00070 Sep 2006

Sep 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Swamin,
The answer lies in your question itself. I am just swapping the
sequence of information present in your question:
>From what i have learned from their life events, is that both were
very humble and never claimed to be anything other than servants of
the lord.

> Now Sri Vaishnava sampradaya is 100% bonafide according to
 shrastras, i just wanted to know which shastras and authority
 provide us with the information that Sri Andal and Sri Ramanuja are
 Bhudevi avatara and Sesha avatara respectively.

Similar to Sri Kothai Naacchiyaar and Sri Emperumaanaar, bhudevi as
well as adiseshan are humble servants of the lord. We must actually
try proving whether Bhudevi and Sesha really have capabilities that
could be compared with the former in terms of bhagavad and
bhaagavada abhimaanam and priyam rather than vice-versa.

adiyEn,
rAmAnuja dAsan

--- In ramanuja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "tesh_tel" <tesh_tel@...> wrote:

> Srimathe Ramanujaya Namah
>
> Dear devotees,
> Jai Sri Krishna.
>
> I have one issue which i am keen to have some knowledge about.  In
> Our dharma Sri Bhagavan and his associates periodicaly take form
in
> the material world for the uplift of Jivas.  One unfortunate
feature
> of this beleif is that many wicked jivas take advantage of this
> belief and claim themselves as God, some examples include King
> Paundaraka in the Dwarapara Yuga (who claimed to be the real
> krishna) and Puttarpathi saibaba in this yuga.
>
> Our shastras fortunalty provide validification of The avatars so
> that we cannot be fooled. As we know by reading the shastras we
have
> no doubt that Sri Rama and Sri Krishna are the Supreme lord
himself.
> Now Sri Vaishnava sampradaya is 100% bonafide according to
> shrastras, i just wanted to know which shastras and authority
> provide us with the information that Sri Andal and Sri Ramanuja
are
> Bhudevi avatara and Sesha avatara respectively.  From what i have
> learned from their life events, is that both were very humble and
> never claimed to be anything other than servants of the lord.  I
> cannot recall a time when Sri Andal or Guru Ramanuja displayed
their
> divine personalities. So how do we know of there true identities???

Azhvar EmberumAnAr JeeyAr ThiruvadigalE Saranam
http://www.vedics.net

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional