You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2002

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00070 Dec 2002

Dec 2002 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

srI:

Sriman Satagopan
Can you explain the niyamam of reciting AgramaNi MaalA sthothram?

Recently, SrimadANdavan Paundarikapuram Swamy Asramam brought out
a book in Samskrit in 2002; by name Sakala SaubhAgyadAyaka StotrANi.
This book includes: Sri jitantE StotrANi (6), Sri Lakshmi SahasranAma
stotram with nAmAvali and SrI PaadhukA Sahasra AgramaNi MaalA
sthothram. This book is modestly priced at Rs.15 and is available from
Paundarikapuram SrimadANdavan Asramam, Srirangam.

dasan
govindarajan

nArAyaNA!
--- <sgopan@xxxx> wrote:
> SrI:
>
> Dear BhakthAs:
>
> Swamy NammAzhwAr is recognized and revered in our tradition
> as the Paadhukais of Lord RanganAthan(SrIman NaarAyaNan) of
> BhUlOka Vaikuntam (SrIrangam).
>
> Swamy Desikan composed in one Yaamam of a night(< 3 hours)
> at SrIrangam , 1008 slOkams saluting the Vaibhavam of
> Swamy NammazhwAr as the Paadha Rakshais /PaadhukAs
> of Lord RanganAthan.
>

> The 32 Paddhathis of SRPS & AgrimaNi MaalA SthOthram
> The 1008 slOkams are housed in 32 Paddhathis or chapters.
> Always , the first slOakm of each Paddhathi is set up in
> the Anushtup Metre. When these first slOkams of the 32 individual
> chapters (Paddhathis) are recited every day , it confers
> Sarva mangaLams (all auspiciousness) on the reciter .
> This assembly of the 32 first slOkams is known as SrI PaadhukA
> Sahasra AgramaNi MaalA sthothram.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
srirangasri-subscribe@yahoogroups.com