You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Dec 2003

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00091 Dec 2003

Dec 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sir,

The information on Srirangam was useful. I have following doubts..

1. At Srirangam, Garuda is not in his usual veeraasanam or in standing posture.
Garuda is in a complete sitting posture. Is there a reason behind this?

2. At Srirangam, sangam and chakram of dwara balakas are again different.
dwarabalaka to the right of perumal is holding sangam(usually it is chakram)
and dwarabalaka to the left of perumal is holding chakram. Is there any reason
for this too?

3. And i heard that there is no coconut used during archanai..Why?

Forgive me if my questions are idiotic.

Thanks,

Srinath.

RAM KRISHNAN <sr_krsna@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: