You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Jan 2004

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00086 Jan 2004

Jan 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Swamins:
This is indeed a very frustrating subject because adiyen dont see any viable
solution for this kalai disputes. Also let us not assume or come to a
conclusion that all these have started in Thiruvallikkeni. What has happened
to a Desika Sampradhaya person in Thiruvallikkeni will definitely
reciprocated at Thiruvalloor or for that matter any other Vadakalai
Divyadesams. Because so much mistrust has been developed for the past two to
three hundred years within our community. Let us think for second. What
would be the logical reason for a person in a divyadesam like
Thiruvallikkeni to ask a vadagalai person to stop reciting Vedam or
Prabhandham? If one person is allowed, then some other Vadakalai people will
also join and may be in couple of years all these Vadagalai people may start
asking for more rights and eventually one day who knows may take over the
temple as well. This is what exactly even a vadagalai person lives in a
Divyadesam like Thiruvalloor will think when a Thengalai person tries
participate in their Vedham or Prabhandham recital. Therefore this is
nothing but mistrust. I have lived in Triplicane for more than two decades
and I belong to Sri Ahobila Mutt. I personally never felt any discrimination
because I thoroughly understand the origin of this conflict and never
crossed my limits. In our community, temples are always power centers.
Whichever community has the power naturally would like to retain that.
What could be the solution? There is no easy way out for this age-old
problem. The one important step could be celebrating both Swami Desikan and
Swami Mamunigal's Thirunakshatrams as a community event. Both sect should
paritipate in such evnts. Second thing is not to disturb or alter the status
quo of a temple's sampradhayam. Let us freeze all the status quo for another
50 years. Both the communities will not go to courts for asking new rights.
There should be more interaction between the big Jeeyar Swamis of both
sects. Whoever has the traditional rights in a Divyadesam will continue have
those rights but others will also participate in kainkaryams.

But who will do these things? This is not an easy task. I really don't know.
It is very sad and frustrating to see that no one is ther to do this
poonaikku mani kattum vishayam....Only big Acharyas can do this and not an
ordinary person like adiyen.

I remember a sloka from "Sri Yathiraja Vaibhavam", a Sanskrit work in 114
verses, which gives the entire life history of Sri Ramanuja by Sri Vaduga
Nambikal. In the tail end of the work, it was mentioned that the so called
"Kali Purusha" or the person in charge of spreading the Kali dharma (where
no dharma will be respected) came to Sri Ramanuja and told him, "because of
you (Sri Ramanuja), I (Kali Purusha) have been chased away. Because of you
(Sri Ramanuja) so much dharma has brought back and I (Kali Purusha)dont have
a place to stay. Therefore when a time comes, I will trouble your
sampradhayam as well." Since we have forgotten a great saint like Sri
Ramanuja, Kali Purusha is troubling us through this Kalai fights, is adiyen'
s opinion. Let us surrender to Swami Sri Yathiraja and spread Sri Ramanuja's
message of absolute surrender to Lord Sriman Narayana.

Adiyen Ramanujadasan Kannan

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/VkWolB/TM