You are here: SriPedia - SriRangaSri - Archives - Sep 2006

SriRangaSri List Archive: Message 00014 Sep 2006

Sep 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

The process of creation has been well described in Srimath Bhagavatham.  It is
difficult to expalin the whole thing in a nut shell. Please read the Bagavtham
your self and then ask any questions. Yes, Lord Sriman Narayana explained the
process to Brhama and instructed him to create. Brahma has started the creation
some 1.95 billion years ago. There is no point in arguing with material
scientists as they do not beleive in Vedas (The reservoir of Knowledge). The
scientists do not beleive in athma (the soul) or the Parmathma (Super soul,
Lord Sriman Narayana). If some one wants to believ in some thing it is their
karma.

  After reading about the creation process in Srimath Bagavatham, please come
back with questions.

  With Best Wishes,
  Narender Reddy

Nivrutta Ravi <nivrutta_r@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Dear Members,

I request the learned members of this group to kindly shed light what Hinduism
says about Intelligent Design theory.

Recently, there was much outrage in the academic world when "intelligent
design" was proposed by some to be scientific. The theory of "intelligent
design" argues that the universe, being so intricately structured, must surely
be the design of a super-intelligent being. It is the opposite of evolution,
which is the largely observable fact that life and the universe evolves over
time, adapting to changes of natural conditions. While creationism
simplistically believes in a first cause of everything, evolution says what
continually reshapes the world is the complex network of fluxing yet
interconnected natural and human-made factors which make up the world itself.

I understand that evolution theory has no place in Hinduism, but I would like
to know whether this Intelligent design can be equated with Brahman, the
Creator.I wish to know what Hinduism tells about this.

nivrutta

Yahoo! Groups Links