RE: [compost_tea] brewing native microbes

From: Judi Stewart <js_at_olympus.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 03:44:07 -0700

Strawberries are usually shallow rooted, except
when I grew them using mycorrhizal fungi. I couldn't believe the huge
root mass size when I dug up my plants; ditto for tomatoes.
In my opinion, the combination of mycorrhizal fungi and compost tea is
unbeatable. I used the granular or the gel form, putting it directly on
the roots
and NOT in the compost tea.

We've potted up hundreds of tree seedlings using the gel and found
remarkable root and tree growth in 6 months where others using no fungi
but
the same medium had the same growth in two years.

Not all mycorrhizal fungi are the same.
Price is not necessarily an indicator either.

I've found Dr. Mike very helpful in answering questions
on mycorrhizal fungi, by e-mail or phone.

http://www.mycorrhizae.com/Articles.html

Judi