RE: [compost_tea] AACT and Pasture

From: Brian Gallagher <briang_at_timdc.govt.nz>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 09:18:03 +1200

        Mike,
         We have only made one brew so still lots to learn. Our SFI results were as follows :
        Active Bacterial 3.4
        Total Bacterial 1183
        Active Fungal 0.71
        Total Fungal 2.17
        Fungal Hypha 3.3

        Our brew temperature went down to 10 C overnight, so we will be heating overnight for the second brew to increase the activity. We are using a mix of predominantly vermicast for our source of bacteria with some woody compost for the fungal source, along with molasses and humic acid.
        We only added 3 handfuls of woody compost for the first brew (1000 litre), so will be adding more for the second brew. "Trial and Test" to get it right.
        For pasture I understand that AACT should be bacterial dominant or at a 1:1 ratio.
        Cheers
        Brian

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511