Re: [compost_tea] Re: OT flowforms

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 20:31:09 -0800

O.K. Tom, you made me enter into a discussion I think should go else where,=
 but you have brought it into the relm of CT when you mention their use for=
 chlorine removal. I still say give me some tests on tea.

Forget, for the moment, the spirituality of water in flow forms ( and here =
is a site for those who want a picture and a description with a minimum of =
spirituality
 http://www.livingwaterflowformsaustralia.com/ ), there is no question the =
water gets oxygen and anything growing in it would get gentle movement...al=
ways have liked a little current in my brewers.

As for chlorine removal,if there is as much O2 going into the water as repo=
rted and if the "waterfalls" between forms are high enough, you are going t=
o get some pretty good removal after a few recycles.

When you think about it in terms of taking a cylindrical brewer and stretch=
ing it out, there is no reason why it wouldn't make good tea. However, I am=
 not sure why you would want to stretch out a brewer?

Cheers,

jeff