[compost_tea] Re: Chloramines

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:37:17 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Eileen Calvanese
<ecalvanese_at_b...> wrote:
> I'm not sure about the chloramines -but with chlorinated water we
> de-chlorinate in the spray tank before adding the tea. (We turn the
agitator
> on the tank for a while to de-chlorinate, or if not using a tank
with an
> agitator just let it stand for about 1/2 hour) -Eileen

Chloramines are persistent and may take weeks to dissipate. A number
of members believe chlorine is of no concern. I clearly saw problems
at very low levels, shown by testing. Are you certain agitation
removes chlorine after 30 minutes? I've seen chlorine remain at high
levels after 12 hours of aeration!!!

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511