[compost_tea] Sunday advertising

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:28:36 -0400

We're running a special on the SFI Leaf Organism Assay, in an effort to make it easier for folks to check their teas.
The price now is $20 per sample (send in several leaves from teh same plant) - sorry, no paperwork reductions, or discounts when the price is this low.
--------

The SFI tea grant, which was running this summer and allowed people to do their first three teas "for free", along with their last soil sample next spring, didn't get many takers that stuck with the program. So, I think we won't be repeating this next year.
----------------------

SFI can support one research project where we work with growers on a special project. If other folks put the research together, and run the project, SFI can do the soil foodweb testing. Send in your suggestions - a brief paragraph about what you want to do, how you will make sure it will get done, and what testing you want SFI to cover. Make the subject "Elaine's project"
-----------------------------

The compost microbiology book is nearly done. The field microscope continues to have troubles. Can't get an intense enough hand-held UV lamp that we can take into the field.
--------------

Three hour turnaround E. coli tests using molecular probes seem to be working. We need to do some final testing and compare with existing E. coli methods approved by EPA to show the new tests work as well, if not better. So, stay tuned on this. May be asking for volunteers to help test when we get the first set of probes to test! Could be next spring when we can do this on a commercial basis.
--------------------

Remember the compost and compost tea one-and a half day courses next week. And the "Arden and Elaine course" at ACRES in December. Check the website, www.soilfoodweb.com for more information.

Hope this was interesting, and not a pain! But advertising is allowed on Sunday, right?

Elaine Ingham
President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
SFI Corvallis, OR
SFI Port Jefferson, NY