RE: [compost_tea] Correction

From: John Cowan <vivax_at_northlink.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 10:32:52 -0700

There are a number of ways to measure photosynthesis.
1. Measure the brix of plant juice from various parts.
2. Use a chlorophyll meter that measures the "green" density of leaves.
3. Measure the leaf thickness with a caliper.
4. Observe growth rate such as daily extension of terminal buds.
Note none of the above is an absolute measure but a good but not perfect
indicators of photosynthetic activity. Surely reasonable test plots or test
pots would be sufficient to isolate the effect of CT or any number of other
manipulations. Anybody that is curious enough can do these tests and find
out for themselves what the effect on plant grow is.

John Cowan