[compost_tea] Re: Correction

From: hi_yield1 <hi_yield1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:38:26 -0000

John,
Yes those are all right for the field. What I'm referring to is a
process whereby outside environmental factors do not play a role.
Stomatal responce is greatly infueanced by weather conditions and
polluants in the air. What is the net photosynthesis and dark
respiration, CO2 fixation of CT treated plants in a controled
environment? And has different bacteria and fungi been isolated and
used in any of these studies to pinpoint cause and effect???? Not the
kitchen sink approach.
Take care Hi_Yield.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "John Cowan" <vivax_at_n...> wrote:
> There are a number of ways to measure photosynthesis.
> 1. Measure the brix of plant juice from various parts.
> 2. Use a chlorophyll meter that measures the "green" density of
leaves.
> 3. Measure the leaf thickness with a caliper.
> 4. Observe growth rate such as daily extension of terminal buds.
> Note none of the above is an absolute measure but a good but not
perfect
> indicators of photosynthetic activity. Surely reasonable test plots
or test
> pots would be sufficient to isolate the effect of CT or any number
of other
> manipulations. Anybody that is curious enough can do these tests and
find
> out for themselves what the effect on plant grow is.
>
> John Cowan

CT

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511