Re: [compost_tea] bone meal and mad cow

From: Marcus Koenig <makoenig_at_hay.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:15:37 -0500

Hi Chris

You should not be too worried about the use of animal by-products. There is=
 a guy in England, Mark Purdey, he found out, that the real cause of BSE ca=
n be linked to the use of Organophosphates, an insecticide that is applied =
to the back of the cow as a treatment against the warble fly, coupled with =
deficiencies in trace elements like manganese etc. in the animal.

Please visit the following websits for a better explanation on the causes o=
f diseases like BSE, CJD, Scrapie etc.

http://www.purdeyenvironment.com/
http://www.markpurdey.com/

I think it is in Iceland, where the farmers since centuries eat Sheeps (inc=
l. brain) that are infected with Scrapie (a disease very similar to BSE) an=
d there was never any infection of humans.

Have a nice Sunday

Marcus