Re: [compost_tea] Systemic bacteria..

From: <laura_s_at_vaxxine.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:04:23 -0500

Glad someone opened this thread about systemic bacteria.

At the recent NA BD Viticulture conference in Virginia Dr Jercy Nowak
talked about his recent on this subject. I've posted his short Bio from the
conference website below.
His research shows very positive results by inoculating potato rootlets
with bacteria. More suprising his research showed that next generation
plantlets created from potato eyes from inoculated plants STILL contained
the beneficial bacteria.
Research is ongoing with one of his previous students carrying on the work
with grapes in France.

Dr Nowak would not name the bacteria his he had isolated as their is a
patent pending , on his slides it was identified as BsJN :-)

Bio
Dr. JERZY NOWAK is a professor and Head of the Department of
Horticulture,Virginia Polytechnic and State University, Blacksburg, VA. His
researchfocuses on the enhancement plants (including grapes) tolerance to
stressesusing natural plant allies, beneficial bacteria. Technology
developmentfor sustainable agriculture and landscape management, based on
"priming"plant propagules, the planting site, and "precision" managementof
the rhizosphere, is the ultimate goals of his program. He also initiatedand
implemented "Organic Horticulture" program at Virginia Tech.
At 05:34 AM 11/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> Hi Thomas -
>

> To see bacteria, you have to have EITHER oil immersion, 1000X or greater
>phase contrast objectives and a phase condenser, OR a 400X DIC microscope.
>

> Elaine Ingham
> President, Soil Foodweb Inc.
> SFI Corvallis, OR
> SFI Port Jefferson, NY
> SFI Lismore, NSW, Australia
> SFI Hilversum, The Netherlands
> SFI Cambridge, New Zealand
> www.soilfoodweb.com
>
> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

> compost_tea-unsubscribe_at_yahoogroups.com

Laura Sabourin
EcoVit Ecologically Sound Horticultural Products
Tea-riffic Aerobic Compost Tea and Acadian Seaplant Products
RR # 1
St Catharines, Ontario L2R 6P7
http://www.ecovit.ca
http://www.compost-tea.ca