[compost_tea] Re: confused and alarmed

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 00:10:22 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, wpb_at_s... wrote:
> Hi Linda,
> I've been purposely staying out of this, but, I have to agree with
you.
> I've been a commercial grape grower for years, and EVERY time I'm
> finished spraying, the sprayer and tractor were thouroughly cleaned
and
> the maintenance performed, every time. It takes a good hour,
sometimes
> more. Likewise before I weld something together, there is all sorts
of
> prepwork, or if I'm assembling a machine there are procedures to
follow,
> and they all take time. That's what sets apart the professional
from the
> wannabe. As a brewer manufacturer, 1. I will not tell people how to
> build their own, why should I ? Someone wants a machine, they
should pay
> for the research and development, hundreds of hours of trial and
error,
> and the thousands of dollars that it takes to bring a product to
market,
> Hmmmm no one gave me thier brewer plans....wow if it were that
> simple,..........and 2. If you put your money down i will bend over
> backwards making sure you get what you pay for. And that's also what
> set's apart the professional from....well you know.
> Also, all this whining about cleaning, and elbows, geez, give it a
rest
> already. Do you people eat on dirty plates everyday? How about your
pots
> and pans, just let the goo pile up until the pan doesn't have the
> capacity to cook the whole meal anymore????? Machines and sprayers,
and
> this is what I tell my customers, HAVE to be cleaned regularly, no
> exception. And as a manufacturer, I am not responsible for the
misuse of
> my product.

What are you responsible for? I asked before and will ask again:When
I follow your instructions making tea using your machine and
ingredients do you guarantee the tea will meet SFI's minimum
standards? If you've done the R and D and I paid you for it (by
buying your machine)do I have to test ACT(send money) to assure it's
quality? Dennis

And its pretty easy to see if cleanliness was not
> maintained. So saying that a brewer is not worthy of purchasing
because
> it basically produces poison after so many brews without cleaning
> because the so called testing authority doesn't like to clean is
kind of
> ridiculous. You don't like to clean, well then follow different
pursuits
> or hire someone to do it. This is a messy, messy business. I sure
hope
> the lab equipment is cleaned between tests.....As for the whining
about
> the large range in prices between machines, well just like
everything
> else in life, you get what you pay for. This list seems to be a
private
> advertising tool for a select few, and I won't follow suit. Off my
> soapbox, but who's listening anyway, I'm not bilingual, I don't
speek
> lemming
> Bill
>
> Linda wrote:
>
> > Group,
> >
> > I'm really rather stunned by the number of posters and
MANUFACTURERS

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511