Re: Re: [compost_tea] Re: confused and alarmed

From: <wpb_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:36:41 -0500

Sorry I didn't answer your first question, but I'll do it by asking you, is GM responsible for you not getting listed (read tested) fuel mileage on your new expensive pickup if you never change the oil or filters or do any maintenance at all??

> From: <wpb_at_sympatico.ca>
> Date: 2003/12/18 Thu PM 09:10:45 EST
> To: <compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: Re: [compost_tea] Re: confused and alarmed

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:

 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Of course you have to test, just think of the variables in the ingredients alone.

> From: "dkemnitz2000" <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
> Date: 2003/12/18 Thu PM 07:10:22 EST
> To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [compost_tea] Re: confused and alarmed

Yahoo! Groups Links

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, wpb@s... wrote:
> Hi Linda,
> I've been purposely staying out of this, but, I have to agree with
you.
> I've been a commercial grape grower for years, and EVERY time I'm
> finished spraying, the sprayer and tractor were thouroughly cleaned
and
> the maintenance performed, every time. It takes a good hour,
sometimes
> more. Likewise before I weld something together, there is all sorts
of
> prepwork, or if I'm assembling a machine there are procedures to
follow,
> and they all take time. That's what sets apart the professional
from the
> wannabe. As a brewer manufacturer, 1. I will not tell people how to
> build their own, why should I ? Someone wants a machine, they
should pay
> for the research and development, hundreds of hours of trial and
error,
> and the thousands of dollars that it takes to bring a product to
market,
> Hmmmm no one gave me thier brewer plans....wow if it were that
> simple,..........and 2. If you put your money down i will bend over
> backwards making sure you get what you pay for. And that's also what
> set's apart the professional from....well you know.
> Also, all this whining about cleaning, and elbows, geez, give it a
rest
> already. Do you people eat on dirty plates everyday? How about your
pots
> and pans, just let the goo pile up until the pan doesn't have the
> capacity to cook the whole meal anymore????? Machines and sprayers,
and
> this is what I tell my customers, HAVE to be cleaned regularly, no
> exception. And as a manufacturer, I am not responsible for the
misuse of
> my product.

What are you responsible for? I asked  before and will ask again:When
I follow your instructions making tea using your machine and
ingredients do you guarantee the tea will meet SFI's minimum
standards?  If you've done the R and D and I paid you for it (by
buying your machine)do I have to test ACT(send money) to assure it's
quality?  Dennis

And its pretty easy to see if cleanliness was not
> maintained. So saying that a brewer is not worthy of purchasing
because
> it basically produces poison after so many brews without cleaning
> because the so called testing authority doesn't like to clean is
kind of
> ridiculous. You don't like to clean, well then follow different
pursuits
> or hire someone to do it. This is a messy, messy business. I sure
hope
> the lab equipment is cleaned between tests.....As for the whining
about
> the large range in prices between machines, well just like
everything
> else in life, you get what you pay for. This list seems to be a
private
> advertising tool for a select few, and I won't follow suit. Off my
> soapbox, but who's listening anyway, I'm not bilingual, I don't
speek
> lemming
> Bill
>
> Linda wrote:
>
> >  Group,
> >
> > I'm really rather stunned by the number of posters and
MANUFACTURERS