Re: [compost_tea] Re: confused and alarmed

From: w.reece speas <wrspeas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 01:57:20 -0800 (PST)

Criss ,now that i have read what started this , i dont think there calling you a thief ,they just don't want to share specifically what they did and i dont blame anyone for that, on the other hand most evryone in here doesn't seem to mind sharing or steering you in the right directon ,but their not going to share exact specifics and rightfull so.anyway , good luck , reece
Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net> wrote:Patents are interesting. I have filed for patents but cannot afford the whole patent search and exclusivity process. (It's about $300K.) So I have patent pending registration. In a court, that's good enough coverage. One cannot patent "brewing" as a process and there are many ways CT can be brewed. So the only things that gives my stuff an edge is the service I give, the uniqueness of my design, clean up time and ease and the price to be competitive. My 225G brewers sell for $1400. Less if you get the container (It's specific to the brewer.) on your own. I even show people where to get them. Some people just don't find that good enough though. I have never had one come back but have had them duplicated with less than favorable results.

Take composting for example. Show a client how to compost as part of a contract and some person at your client's will think they've got it down and you can be removed. It's the same with brewing. It is important to show the client enough, if you are working on a long range contract, to get them going but not enough to allow them to remove you from the equation. I had two clients restructure contracts because they thought they could "do it themselves." Both failed miserably because regardless of instruction and being shown how to do it right, they opted for shortcuts to save a little ime. Now, I don't begrudge a person pinching a penny but sometimes financial gain in the short run leads to long term loss overall.

I think this group is good. The explanation that Elaine gave of CT and salt was more than worth putting up with list Fascists.

Ted Peterson
Earth-Wise/Spirit of the Earth