[compost_tea] Re: moss control ?

From: lawnjockeynick <nick_at_lawnjockey.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 23:52:29 -0000

>From my experience... when you spray moss, you don't really kill it -
you just burn it. At that time, you need to re-seed with a grass
appropriate for the environment, and then topdress with compost,
which will breakdown the moss organically -OR- thatch out all the
moss, reseed and topdress.

Just my $0.02,

Nick
The Lawn Jockey
www.lawnjockey.net
360.876.3734

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "golftea2003" <wccgolf1_at_b...>
wrote:
> -I agree with everyone, get the biology right and the moss will
> go.However the best product I have seen to control moss when you do
> get an outbreak is Dawn dish soap. Just mix up a backpack sprayer,
> hit the moss and it usually is turning brown within 4-5
hours.Contact

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511