[compost_tea] Re: Water temps for brewing

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:04:37 -0000

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, soilfoodweb_at_a... wrote:
> Hi Ted -
> SOME cutting done hereby Dennis

resources to throw myself or someone else into a training program
which, I figure, would cost me somewhere in the range of $25K without
the $20K microscope. I have to pay the person taking the training,
pay for the training and compensate for the time they are not here
generating capital.

> Well, it does cost money. But your son might be able to train on
one thing at a time, like just total bacterial biomass, or total
fungal biomass, so he would know what he is looking at, and the
correct morphology so he could ID what he was looking at. Training
at SFI is about $1000 a week, and in a week, he can do quite a bit of
learning - not only about morphology, but the other tricks of the
trade, such as buffers, prepping samples correctly to know what the
volume of soil is being observed, etc.

Elaine: Have you formalized this lab training program? And what is a
non-compete and continuing quality assurance program? I'm interested
in the training but would need to come in the off season. Can you
outline the "course" more specifically? How much lead do you need
before I arrive? I won't need plating training!!!!!Dennis Kemnitz

 We do ask for a non-compete, and a continuing quality assurance
program, which is related to the number of samples being looked at.
We want to make sure your morphological assessment doesn't go off on
a tangent.

> >He right now has developed a formula to try and predict how many
more and the complexity of organisms he is plotting to see if he can
predict growth from sample time to sample time.

<><><><><><><><>More cutting done here by Dennis

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: