Re: [compost_tea] active B

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 08:56:39 -0800 (PST)

Hi Nic We have used formulas similar to the one you described, maybe with a quarter the detail, gotten similar "fuzzy wite strands, put the rich compost with strands in a Bob's Brewer. SFI Sample # 97815 ID # 111703 reported AB 65, TB 11008, AF 19.7, TF 102 HD 3.5. One of many reports with high numbers by me and by customers.
I think you would have similar numbers fromyour brews if your brewer had better extraction - Held in a fabric bag how do the long strands escape into the water?
If you had more active aeration / circulation. How can the fungi breath where there is so little water movement as there can be in the bag and even in your main TEA volume?
Bob looked at all these features on a half dozen bewers on the market, developed a brewer that altho very simple - dirt cheap - included all the action needed to bring the microbes from the compost to the TEA, to gently circulate and aerate them, to bring them to the application system. Now we have become the application system too.

What we generate in compost TEA is affected only by the final pump and nozzle. Finally we went to work on that too to release the most possible that final step.

Every system with a lazy extraction system,a bag, filters and small nozzles has this problem. Hanging up the stuff of the compost you are trying to apply to your plants. Hope this helps Bob

Nic Pattison <nicksonstream_at_yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
Jeff - yes - heaps of long white strands visible and
when broken apart for addition to tea sock quite
difficult to pull apart.
Nic
<<<<Innoculant comprises 4 pts vermicast, 1pt