Re: [compost_tea] Re: pump for spraying tea?

From: Robert Norsen <bnbrew_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:16:17 -0800 (PST)

What did your brewer have to keep 1/8'+ items out of the TEA? We don't like filters beause they take out the fiberous fungi. So we try to keep out anyting over about 1/16" out of the brew but let the TEA generate all it can below the size. The roller worked well for you did it? Bob

dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com> wrote:--- Frank I used a pto powered 8 roller pump with a 30 foot boom. I
could keep about 40psi using 1/8 inch nozzles spaced about 30 inch
apart. Seemed to work ok but the nozzles plugged quite a bit.
Sprayed new and old crop alfalfa and soil before planting wheat and
barley. Dennis

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "frank_immel" <frank_immel_at_y...>
wrote:
> Could not agree more with the Honda motors. Correct me if wrong,
are
> not impeller pumps similar to 'trash' pumps?
>
> I have been looking for pumps myself and am looking into
peristaltic
> pumps, may also be known as squeeze pumps. Have found a source at
> www.abopumps.com They have a hose inside the pump which is squeezed
> by rollers, similar to a toothpaste tube. Appears to be very easy
on
> the biology, they are variable speed and reversable. A bit on the
> spendy side but look to be kind and gentle. Word from some farmers
in
> Canada, easy to make, though have not looked into that myself.
>
> Happy spraying!
>
> Frank Immel
>
> --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jason Kimm" <jsnkmm_at_i...>
wrote:
> > Ditto Tom's message with regard to Honda and impellers.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Jason Kimm

information
> on
> > spray equipment is Nick the Lawn Jockey.
> >
> > Real life experience without a sales pitch.
> >
> > Whatever you choose remember that repair parts and servicablity
> are
> > critical. Down time and lack of parts support can break a small
> > operation.
> >
> > Run from anyone selling anything other than Honda motors. I've
> had
> > dozens on the job for 12 years with very few failures. They've
> > outlasted other manufacturers of small engines by 3 to 1
> >
> > Some of us are successfully using impeller pumps which cost far
> less
> > than diaphram pumps. Roller pumps haven't been addressed as far
> as I
> > know.
> >
> > --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Kirk Waterstripe
> > <healthysoil_at_s...> wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > > I am seeking advice on a type or model of pump & nozzle for a
> truck-
> > mounted tea sprayer. Any suggestions? Any other words of advice
> for
> > someone getting into the tea spraying business? I am thinking
of
> > contracting wth an existing natural lawn care company. Feasible?
> > >
> > > Kirk W.
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

of
> Service.