[compost_tea] crab shell hostile to fungi?

From: ericgoodenough <sfo_at_gwi.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:40:29 -0000

One supplier of crab shell suggests that when added to the soil it
helps to create a "hostile environment ftje fimgius amd nematodes by
feeding the biological life that eats chitin and shitin based
organisms."

So my question is: Can anyone tell me if crab shell will actually be
deleterious to the fungi I am brewing and encouraging in our orchard
soils? Thanks...

Yahoo! Groups Links