RE: [compost_tea] At what point will this group be moderated?

From: John Cowan <vivax_at_northlink.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 09:19:30 -0700

Jeff,

Moderation could make the list more efficient in many ways. I do understand
that this takes some effort on your part. Perhaps others could moderate at
different times to share the burden.

Reasons for moderation:

NEGATIVE
Rude behavior and comments
High-jacking of lists purpose
Personal chat between individual members
Eliminate very basic questions

POSITIVE
Steer discussion in productive ways
Seed topics of discussion
Increase activity by thoughtful discussion

The question is what kind of list do people want this to be. I am sure
opinions differ. Maybe there needs to be another list. I have considered
forming a moderated, topic guided discussion for the sake of stimulating
participation and the generation and refinement of idea useful to serious CT
makers and users. There is much more to talk about than I have seen in the
last two years. The possible topics have not been exhausted.

John Cowan