Re: [compost_tea] virus

From: Stuart Baxter <stu.baxter_at_virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:52:43 +0100

List :o)

I've had 2 today with attachments containing variants of the Netsky virus. =
Both were bulk mail and untraceable.
The latest was apparently from wgomez_at_prodigy.net.mx with a subject of "[co=
mpost_tea] Re: User list" and the message said: -
"Hello!
Here is the user list.
Thanks"

If you get an email that you are suspicious of do not open the attachment; =
you can try replying with a message along the lines of 'The attachment has =
been deleted due to the risk of a virus. If it was genuine please resend wi=
th a full description of its content."
I've spent a while doing this - most get bounced back with an undeliverable=
 mail message! Now I just delete them 'cos I've updated the virus definitio=
ns so they get caught.

I also use a firewall and lately it's been telling me things like: -
"Somebody is scanning your computer. Your computer's TCP ports: 6129, 80, 3=
127, 1025 and 2745 have been scanned from 81.62.228.125."

Sick puppies.......

Be well
Stuart