Re: [compost_tea] RE: Application rate

From: Mike Harvey <mharvey_at_westnet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 21:20:40 +0800

Bill,
You wrote "..........to reduce the need for mineral amendments............"
I am not aware of any documented evidence for this statement or advice give=
n. Where does this come from? My experience has been that mineral balancing=
 is critical to ensuring the success of a biological program and should not=
 be compromised if a successful outcome is desired.
If there is some evidence for this reduced need for minerals can you share =
it??

Regards Mike Harvey New Life Soils.
www.composttea.com.au

"God is the basis of life, life is the basis of energy,
energy is the basis of matter." Carey Reams

  Well, Ryan, the purpose of our field trial is to determine what works on =
this land in transitioning from conventional to organic farming. Compost t=
ea was recommended to speed up the enlivening of the soil and perhaps to re=
duce the need for mineral ammendments. I did not know of the foliar applic=
ation till I subscribed to this list.
  Bill