Re: Fw: [compost_tea] Brewer types,fish oil and DE

From: longbranchranch <longbranchranch_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 17:56:02 -0000
Mike, Litature I have suggest 2% of total daily ration.  Since mine is
a grass fed oporation I add it to the minerals free choice. To my self
formalated mineral mix of 50% sea salt and 50% kelp I add 15% ag DE.
Note this must be agriculteral DE. The stuff used in swimming pools
will not work. For the first 2 years I checked the pats and never
found more than 2 eggs. good luck.
Jimmy Muse

compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Mike Harvey" <mharvey@w...> wrote:
> What rates fo you use for DE in the minerals?
>  I run goats and sheep and do not use toxic chemicals for drenches.
I have
> been working on the idea of using nemataphagous fungi grown in
compost tea
> as one component in managing worm loads.However the DE may be another
> stratergey in the tool box. I plan to use ACT on pastures to help manage
> pest worms.
> Mike Harvey.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here