[compost_tea] Re: Drip irrigation

From: tomjasz <tom_at_livesoil.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:05:11 -0000

Allan,

Whose sub surface are you using. We have used, Geoflow, Toro, Netafim
and Rainbird. Geoglow and Toro may still be using an herbicide
impregnated emitter. Netafimm has filters which are also impregnated.
I have gotten the herbicide filters by mistake.

Toro Ag division has let me down on more than one occasion. Netafim
seems unconcerned with Hort business and has also failed to give good
support.

Rainbird has come out with repair fitting that can be used on all or
most 1/2" tubing. Kind of crazy that a half dozen manufacturers sell
1/2" tubing in differing sizes!!!

Regards,
tomj

PS I thought I remebered you were using flow forms. If so does your
irrigation water even get run through?

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Allan Balliett <igg@i...> wrote:
> What I'm looking at in the future, and I'm sure you'll think I'm
> nuts, is 1 inch pvc pipe that has slip joins and is drilled with
3/32
> holes every ft (or so) This was recommended in the ACRES USA book
> WORLD CHAMPION TOMATOES and I've always sensed that it would lte me
> get more of what I want where  I want it - FASTER - than drip will.
>
> I am also experimenting with sub-surface irrigation for salad beds,
> etc. (currently using drip for this, also)
>
> -Allan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links