Re: [compost_tea] Re: Searching for basic instructions on compost tea brewing

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 21:11:56 EST

We have years of data.

We don't have replicated, scientific data that can be turned into papers
acceptable to the scientific community.

Please get this straight. You are talking about two different things.

Data are data, regardless of whether they are repeated over and over again.

To be acceptable to the scientific community, experiments have to be
replicated, with control and treatment comparisons.

Most people outside of the academic community will accept that 95%
repeatablility is meaningful.

AND there are hundreds of papers in the scientific literature that show if
you have the biology in the soil, the benefits I talk about happen. You can't
argue about that information.

You can point out that we do not have replicated scientific data to show that
compost tea delivers the organisms to the soil or plant surfaces. We have
the practical data to show AERATED compost tea does that. Replciated scientific
studies? Not done yet. But do we really need to?

Instead of sounding like a nay-sayer, publish your data. Instead of being on
everyone else's case about publishing in the scientific literature, publish
your results.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institute Cambridge, New Zealand
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho
Soil Foodweb Inc., South Africa