RE: [compost_tea] Rookie and Anthracnose

From: Brian Gallagher <briang_at_timdc.govt.nz>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:42:12 +1300

G'day Matt
The tea I made had plenty of fungal compost, lesser amount of vermicast and=
 the ingredients you have listed. I didn't have access to fish hydrolysate =
but have since located a source. I also included fish oil (1 litre in 1000 =
litre brewer) for the last application. Not only did this help keep the foa=
m down during brewing it also made it easier to see where you had sprayed o=
n the tree. I used approximately 200 litres of undiluted tea on spraying th=
e infected half of the tree. The tree is about 12 metres high and in diame=
ter.
Soilfoodweb results for the tea were
total bacteria biomass 1504
active fungal biomass 11.75
total fungal biomass 44.94
Hyphal diameter 4
there were good fungal bacteria ratios as well.
the active bacteria biomass was low due to the travel time to the lab.
I made sure that we had good coverage of all the leave surfaces and the bar=
k on the trunk and branches. You need a good head for heights to get up amo=
ngst the top of the tree to get the coverage. The tree was dripping with te=
a !
Cheers
Brian Gallagher