[compost_tea] Re: Water voodoo?

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:22:17 -0000

Ted, You mentioned the presence of voltage and very little amperage
in the example below.  It takes amperage to do life threatening
damage as you may be indicating. Exactly how much I'm not sure but
volts are not killer without amps.,ie electrical flow. This may be
different at the cellular level. Stirred water possibly creates an
electro magnetic field...........          Ted what are oasts used
for in the brewing industry?
In beer bottling facilities you have pasteurized products or you
have Coors and Miller, is it, that is filtered and unpasteurized. So
the filtered product (containing live microorganisms, some desirable-
some beer spoilers)has to be monitored and stored considerably
different during and after processing than pasteurized product and
has a different shelf life as well.. Dennis Kemnitz

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, "Ted Peterson"
<ted.peterson_at_t...> wrote:
> Water, water, water. . .
>
> Before I designed my first brewer and after I had beel playing
with a Soil Soup machine, I started doing research with people who
knew how to move liquids of different densities: the food processing
industry.  The requirements for cleanliness in the food industry are
far greater than any we will encounter brewing tea from compost but
there are some similarities.  Bacteria do grow as part of processing
and this growth has to be controlled and tested.  The water has to
move through pipes and into "brewers" of a sort.  The beer industry
uses oasts which are kind of like a tea brewer (or vice-versa) in
that a mixture is processed with water. Then I took a look at the
waste treatment industry and found a lot of similarities.  Even in
processing something as simple as water there are factors that
are "assumed" by this thread.  I would suggest that a healthy look
into hydrology may answer a lot of questions.

> As far as moving bodies of liquid creating electricity. . . This
has been observed for some time.  One contract I worked on used this
principle to create a generator. It was called the dam-atoll.  It
basically used a vortex to move a wheel.  As the device was built,
it was discovered that the whole device became electrically charged
(or hot) and what was finally discovered was that the column of
water was actually generating an electrical field by the effect of
moving through a limited space in a particular form at a particular
rate.  Yes there was V but extremely low (miniscule) A.  It turned
out that the energy required to use the V was much higher than the
value of the V which made it economically impractical.

> As far as V in a brewer, we would have to see if large amounts
actually fried the little critters or changed how they operate in
some way.  There are currently studies to determine plant growth
rates and changes under power lines and as much work as has been
done in that area, data is still inconclusive.

> So V in water?  I am unsure as to practical value.
>
> Ted Peterson
> EW/SOE

I'm
>   not sure why. The wonderful proponents of BD and Emoto have had
and
>   continue to have successes based on the energy properties of
water.
>   I'm not sure anyone really cares to "enlighten" when the tone is
>   clearly confrontational.
>   Don't believe it? Don't practice those concepts!
>   Didn't read Emoto's work? Then there is no discussion, just
flippant
>   quips.
>
>   Personally I'll use flow forms and continue to find Emoto of
value. I
>   would never buy or recommend a brewer that doesn't vortex water.
>
>   Science is lacking but so is the data and science on the uses of
ACT.
>   That doesn't negate our successes.
>

>   --- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, David Anderson <squtch@g...>
>   wrote:
>
>   > Well, I haven't read it,  but if you have read the section on
how
>   this
>   > works, as you say 5 or 6 times, you should have an
understanding of