Re: [compost_tea] Re: Flow forms

From: David Anderson <squtch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:21:56 -0800
Titel,

If you are pumping air, you have an efficient, but limited airlift water pump.

I have seen people using airlift tubes for 2 foot waterfalls in ponds.
they claimed that it was cheaper than running a mechanical water pump.

If you took a 2 inch PVC pipe, and injected air into it near the
bottom of the pipe, the mass of rising bubbles push and pull water
along with it. More air and smaller bubbles gives you even more lift.

It seems that it would take a good bit of plumbing to set this up in a
way to get it to work, but it might be worth a try.

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 05:08:53 -0000, Titel Ryzhomer
<thegoodjob_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Ted,
>
> We have been using a flow form for one brewer but it involves a low
> pressure water pump. I was under the impression that you did not use
> water pumps. If you don't mind could you tell me if you are using a
> flow form without a water pump? (if that's possible)
>
> Regards,
> Titel

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here