Re: [compost_tea] AACT & the greenhouse

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 16:03:25 EST

We've had write-ups in Growing Edge magazine (please check them out!
growingedge.com, as I recall) on how to use compost tea for greenhouse
applications.

Generally, putting good aerated compost tea into the water does the trick
for roots. Generally, about 1 gal of good tea in every 10,000 gal of water.
Reduce the concentration of Hoagland's being used.

Foliar applications are used for the above-water or above-ground part of the
plant, of course.

But PLEASE, check and make sure the proper biology is present before using
any tea for this!

There are people out there saying they make ACT, but there's no biology in
the liquid!!!

Just got some material being sold in a large chain store into the lab today!
  Nothing in that water but brown color. Yow!

Those of you interested in working with people doing greenhouse, hydroponics
and nursery use of compost tea, please contact me directly and I will send
you to the person close to you doing that work.

We work on a Soil Foodweb Advisor basis. You need to work with one of the
advisors who already has experience in greenhouse production, in the same part
of the world as you.

So, if you look on the SFI website for the advisor closest you, or e-mail me
for the advisors specifically doing work in hydroponics (they aren't
necessarily on the website yet), we can get you started pretty quick.

I need to know where you are in the world, of course.

Elaine R. Ingham
Soil Foodweb Inc., Corvallis, Oregon
Soil Foodweb Inc., Port Jefferson, New York
Soil Foodweb Institute, Lismore Australia
Soil Foodweb Institute Cambridge, New Zealand
Laboratorios de Soil Foodweb, Culiacan, Mexico
Soil Foodweb Inc., Jerome, Idaho
Soil Foodweb Inc., South Africa