Re: [compost_tea] Re: Greenhouse

From: Ted Peterson <ted.peterson_at_tcsn.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:15:26 -0800

What kind of orchids do you have? I sent your email to a good friend who i=
s an orchid expert. His reaction was, well, impolite to say the least. He =
said it might work on certain types but the more exotics take a little more=
 care and special environments. I've only messed around with them for abou=
t 30 years.

I didn't say that they wouldn't be well served by tea. What I wrote was I =
didn't think that the fungi in a compost pile and that is beneficial to mor=
e soil-borne garden plants (I know there are some orchids that grow in soil=
 but there are a lot that don't.) would be beneficial to orchids. I haven'=
t tried my tea on any I have. But I am no expert so maybe I will take your =
advice and just brew up a batch and spray them and soil soak (I think was y=
our description) them. I'll follow your recommendation and see what happens=
.

Ted Peterson
SOE