Re: [compost_tea] Re: Greenhouse

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 18:29:41 -0900
My understanding is the mycorrhizal association with orchids has more
to do with germination of the "spore." An orchid won't germinate unless
the mycorrhizal fungi are present.

As for your conclusion that exotic orchids won't be well served by a
tea, you are wrong. I have well over 100 orchids at the current time
and they do quite well with my fungal/bacterial tea.  Do you think
there is some magic to growing orchids?  They are plants and take
nutrients in just like other plants etc.  Why wouldn't teas work on
them.

Jeff
www.alaskahumus.com

Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row for the
Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links