Re: [compost_tea] Re: Re: Re: Re: non-aerated teas?

From: David Anderson <squtch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:33:58 -0800
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:02:35 -0500, jallan6977_at_earthlink.net
<jallan6977_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
>    I know people who drink the much diluted peroxide and claim many
> health benifits from it's forcing more oxygen into the blood stream.
> For drinking, one would have to get the 35% because of the
> preservatives added to the pharmacy stuff.

And you think those preservatives will not bother your microbes?

In fact, hydrogen peroxide is used to sterilze things, so does it
really make sense to add  it to your tea?

Not to mention, at the temperatures you are dealing with while brewing
tea, it simply will not decompose fast enough to produce a big boost
in O2. And there are a lot of other substances that it will react with
much more quickly than other H2O2 molecules.

Yahoo! Groups Links