Re: [compost_tea] Adding Lime/Calcium to Soil

From: Perry Clutts <addy_at_arczip.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 15:25:56 -0500

>>I would appreciate any feedback from the group to let me know if I am was=
ting my time or if I am actually on to something.
>>Jeff

Jeff,

Sounds great. I'd like to know more about the calcium in the fish product (=
how much and what type per gallon? OMRI?). I'm planning to use fish on alfa=
lfa this year... like Ray Gore is doing with the growers in Idaho... Anyhow=
... the calcium levels in our hay is very high so feel we should be replaci=
ng it... we don't lime as compost keeps our pH in good line. I'd also like =
to hear how other growers are using the fish product as an additive to comp=
ost tea. What when and how much are growers using. We don't have center piv=
ot, so application is a little more difficult, but possible...
Per your question about the new calcium product.. I'd rather use it in the =
fish and get all that comes with the fish as well.... but I know the price =
and nutrient program may not make it possible of feasible for others.

Perry
Circleville, Ohio