Re: [compost_tea] Truth or Fiction

From: <soilfoodweb_at_aol.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:42:59 EST

Hi Butch -

I am confused by your last e-mail. I don't mean that in a nasty way, or
attacking, or anything like that. I'm just confused.

What I was talking about was not related to changing the plant.

Tim Kiphart meant that, I believe, in reference to the homeopathic
situation, in which case your points are right on.

But I was talking about adding diseased plant material into the brewer.
There is a real concern with inoculum surviving the brewing process.

In which case, your concern that many plants would die before a portion of
the plant population was selected that would had natural immunity is the
logical concern.

So, I hope I clarified my meaning, that I wasn't talking about selection in
the plant population at all. If the brewing conditions will not deal with
the disease inoculum, people will set themselves up for the situation Butch was
talking about.

It is a choice some people make, to try to select, over the years, for
disease resistant varieties, but you then need to save your own seed, and plant
the seed you selected because they survived the disease.

OK?

In a message dated 1/19/2005 12:29:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,