[compost_tea] Butch, Want to start neophyte thread?

From: Bobbie, Hugh, Marley & Hoebie <hri7064_at_msn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:14:33 -0800

Butch,

How about we start a neophyte thread to discuss some of the points you
raised earlier today?  If the gray beards want to follow along and add
their sage advice great, if not there's always the delete key.

Jeff L.,

Any breach of list etiquette in the above suggestion?

Here's a starting point.

When using compost tea as a soil drench I look upon it as an inoculant
or seed stock.  I don't envision it "feeding" the soil.  Rather, I think
soil conditions would have to be adequate for the continuation of
microbe growth.....organic matter, aerobic conditions, nutrients.  For
example, would you see much effect spraying tea on turf were the soil is
a heavy compacted clay low in organic matter?  Would it be a lasting
effect?

Hugh

Yahoo! Groups Links