Re: Why we should be careful (was Re: [compost_tea] tea for pasture

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 17:08:51 -0800 (PST)
Tks Dave,

My point about nothing comes from noticing that many
results are reported from partitioner's who start
applying ACT to what was previously "normal" chemical
programs, with no space in between. The question, what
would happen if the chemicals were simply stopped
isn't answered. Please don't think I believe that ACT
doesn't work. Also my original question assumed proper
testing would be set up to qualify as results suitable
for peer review.

--- David Anderson <squtch_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:41:38 -0800 (PST), butch
> ragland
> <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've asked myself this question several times, in
> side
> > by side test should it be fertlizer-ACT-nothing.
>
> While that might be the best way to do it, it isn't
> really necessary
> as long as you keep an open mind when it comes to
> analyzing your
> results.
>
> The more you are able to control the variables, and
> the greater the
> number of samples and controls, the quicker you can
> reach a
> conclusion. But the no controls, unmonitored
> variables test still
> provides valuable data.
>
> Dave

=====