[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Moratorium Called on Genetically Modified Foods

Hello Joe and Everyone

On Sun, 28 Jul 1996 15:02:47 -0500, jtoth@fairfield.com (Joe Toth)
wrote:

>Dr John Hagelin's Natural Law Party is calling for a total moratorium on
>the release of genetically modified
>organisms. At the *very least* any food products containing such materials
>should be clearly labelled so that we can choose what we eat.
>
>Strange new artificial foods never envisaged by nature are already
>appearing in your supermarkets.

How about naming some?

>The effects of these foods are as yet not
>fully understood but some have already been devastating for health. In one
>case in the U.S. 37 people died and 1500 were left disabled.

Please give precise chapter and verse with scientific references --
if you can. Sounds like unbalanced  rabble-rousing scaremongering.

>Other
>products had to be abandoned when they went disastrously wrong.

Names please, with detailed chapter and verse, and scientific