[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: fHuman vs. natural influences on the environment

charliew (charliew@hal-pc.org) wrote:
: In article <4u3avt$su3@condor.ic.net>,
:    All locked up and nowhere to go <cage@critech.com> wrote:
: >charliew@hal-pc.org (charliew) wrote:
Snip....
: Oh, gee.  Another guy in the world who knows something about
: process control!
:
: I made no assumptions in my statements.  I was trying to
: point out that a long time constant by itself is not
: necessarily detrimental.  Whether a system as large as the
: atmosphere can be substantially affected over a 1 year time
: interval is open to debate, and something that I consider to
: be merely a matter of your opinion.

Krakatoa, Pinatubo......
   Large impact craters.....
        Full scale nuclear war....

Short impulse events.  Large atmospheric consequences.

Disproof by example.

Wrong again Charlie....

Regards
Josh Halpern
However, even if I

 : assume that this is true, a time constant this short implies
: that we can also move the atmosphere an equal amount in the
: opposite direction in the same 1 year period.  So, where's
: the problem here?

Recovery period is substantially longer

Follow-Ups: References: