[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: fHuman vs. natural influences on the environment

wrote:
>: >charliew@hal-pc.org (charliew) wrote:
>Snip....
>: Oh, gee.  Another guy in the world who knows something
about
>: process control!
>:
>: I made no assumptions in my statements.  I was trying to
>: point out that a long time constant by itself is not
>: necessarily detrimental.  Whether a system as large as
the
>: atmosphere can be substantially affected over a 1 year
time
>: interval is open to debate, and something that I consider
>: be merely a matter of your opinion.
>
>Krakatoa, Pinatubo......

Oh, that "volcanic winter" produced by Pinatubo was a barely
surviveable event.  Good heavens, all of mankind almost went
extinct on that one because the earth's atmosphere cooled by
0.1 deg C!

>   Large impact craters.....

Yep, that crater 65 million years ago sure messed things up
alright.  I bet we're due another one in about 10 or 20
million more years!

>        Full scale nuclear war....

I'm sure that I'm going to worry about the weather when a
nuke is falling on my head!

Why don't you get real here, and stay within the realm of
possibility over the time frame of one or two human
lifetimes?  Nobody gives a damn about something that is
going to happen over geologic time frames!

>Short impulse events.  Large atmospheric consequences.
>
>Disproof by example.
>
>Wrong again Charlie....
>
>Regards
>Josh Halpern