% certified organic farms

I'm being interviewed on tv today about organic farming.  One of the
questions they want answered is how many certified organic farms are there
in the US?  The tv people mentioned they read 6,000 somewhere.  Also, what
is the percentage of increase of organic production and consumption over the
past year?  Does someone have some quick numbers they could pass along to
me?.  Unfortunately, this interview will be in about 3-4 hours from now so
time is short.  I only knew about it this morning.  Many thanks.

Ask me about the 2nd National Small Farm Conference
October 12-15, 1999
St Louis MO
http://www.luce.lincolnu.edu/nsfc

debi kelly
MAC

Debi Kelly, Project Manager
Missouri Alternatives Center
University of Missouri
531 Clark Hall, Columbia, MO 65211
573-882-1905, 800-433-3704 (MO only)
kellyd@umsystem.edu
http://agebb.missouri.edu/mac

"There's no need to sustain the farm if there's no family to be sustained
upon it."

"unsubscribe sanet-mg".  If you receive the digest format, use the command
"unsubscribe sanet-mg-digest".