Planting for birds and wildlife.

Ahhh, spring is just around the corner.

I have been sitting on 4 1/2 acres (70% beat up pasture) for many years and
have never done any landscaping, but now I have the itch.

I am using the middle pasture for a LARGE garden. The variety of plants and
growing conditions varies widely over the acreage.

What I am looking for is some advice concerning the following:
( I live in EAST Durham Co., NC)
What  grasses, shrubs, and small trees would be most suitable for
birds(nesting, shelter, food)in this area?  Preferably native species.

Where are good places to purchase these plants in the Triangle area?

Would you like to help plant? ;-) Just yokin!

Some ideas I have - 1) plantings to attract BOBWHITE(I still have some
around)   2)Plants that produce berries for winter consumption 3) plants
that attract warblers

I have plans  for a butterfly garden.

I do have some info, but if you have personal experiences you are willing to
take the time to share, all of my critters and myself will be most
appreciative.

Brian T. Murphy   http://brmurphy.home.mindspring.com/
Millbrook High School    http://schools.wcpss.net/MillbrookHigh
Raleigh, NC USA