From: Eric v. d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
To: ARCHIVES@LISTSERV.MUOHIO.EDU
Sent: 2/4/00 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: jobs

Dear Jamie (and list):

> does anyone know what kind of job I can get with a BA in History with
> emphasis in archival studies?  I'm going to grad school in the fall,
but I
> need to get my foot in the door somewhere.  help!!!!!!!  thanks

I hate to say this, because I sympathize with you, but with a B.A. in
history you can get a job flipping burgers, and with the added advantage
of archival experience you can ... flip more burgers.

My advice to you is to get into that grad school ASAP and kick butt
while you're there. This is from the guy who was a calendar factory
worker, textile mill worker, clothing factory worker, grocery warehouse
worker, artist's model, gas station attendant, AMWAY seller, library
page, and janitor -- not to mention four months of unemployment --
during his two years between college and grad school.

Good luck! I mean it.

Eric

--

Eric v. d. Luft, Ph.D., M.L.S.
Curator of Historical Collections, Health Sciences Library

                              *****

"Be always sure you're right, then go ahead."
                                          -- Davy Crockett
                                [Autobiography, 1834, title page]