Re: Terms in use - "Archives"

My question is "For whom have the terms 'archives' & 'archival' lost
meaning?"  What terms do they propose to substitute?   I'll not be called a
'paper pusher', that's for sure!  :)  The standards committee needs to
remember that slang is a very fluid language, and any short-term misuse of
the words will blow over long before they can agree on suitable
replacements.  :)  In any case, why should we cede these terms to a bunch
of young hooligans who wouldn't know an 'archives' if it bit them on the
butt  :) :) :)  .  And that's MY $.02  !!  ttfn - Jill in Alaska  (whose
jaw is still hanging open in disbelief, but hoping that maybe someone is
pulling our collective leg).

Jill L Schneider
USGS - Alaska Technical Data Unit
907-786-7457