Re: scanners

Susan --

Did you receive any good suggestions/advice from your query?  I should
receive recommdations from our systems people here at Bates in the next few
days and will share them with you then.  I told them what I wanted to be
able to use a digital workstation and I believe they have focused on HP
scanners and UMAX scanners.  My understanding is they prefer HP because of
the long-term quality and service of the company.

Hope the project goes well.

- Kurt

Susan Grant wrote:

> Has anyone had experience scanning old and newer slides with inexpensive
> scanners such as the Hewlett Packard  6350C and been happy with the
> quality of the prints from the scanned images?  Any other scanners equal
> to the task?
>
> Susan
begin:vcard
n:Kuss;Kurt
tel;work:(207) 786-6272
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.bates.edu/Library/aboutladd/departments/special
org:48 Campus Avenue / Lewiston, Maine 04240;(207) 786-6272
version:2.1
email;internet:kkuss@bates.edu
title:Special Collections Librarian / Bates College
fn:Kurt Kuss
end:vcard